Cooley Dickinson Hospital -your local community hospital
Every day, you – our community of supporters – make a tremendous difference in advancing the level of patient care at Cooley Dickinson. Your gift helps your friends, family, and neighbors right here at home and has provided private rooms, life-saving pre-natal equipment and a renovated Emergency Department.
Your gift matters and supports our work. From birth through end of life, Cooley Dickinson’s compassionate staff meet your family’s needs in the hospital, in the community, or at home.
Community partnerships and philanthropy are essential to ensure the vitality of this unique and critical resource. As a not-for-profit organization, Cooley Dickinson Hospital relies upon charitable support from our community to sustain this exceptional organization. These are some of the stories and impacts which illustrate the impact that gifts like yours have made in local people’s lives.
Jim and Marianne Gambaro-“It’s not just the quality of care that’s impressive. It’s the corporate culture, which consistently focuses on the patient”.
Ed Kamansky-“Outstanding care, including surgery and a week plus stay in a single-patient room”.
“We don’t even want to think about how our son’s life would have been if he hadn’t come to Cooley Dickinson”-grateful parents.
“I owe my life to Cooley Dickinson,” says Carol Katz, who is CEO and president of Loomis Communities. “My experience inspired me and my husband to make a gift to Cooley. I hope my story inspires others in this community to support this extraordinary, local hospital”.
James Kirwan, age 17 of Amherst lost his mom to cancer when he was just 14. James and his fellow student s at Amherst Regional High School continue to raise money for cancer care at Cooley Dickinson because “no one should have to go through this alone”.
Jenny Papageorge says, “For my dad, having such great care close to home, his family, and work has been important-important enough, we think, to save his life”.
12 Reasons to Give:
1) A strong hospital enriches a strong community
2) Caring is all about the patient
3) Quality health care is not accidental. It is the result of careful strategic planning, a gifted medical team and community support
4) Honoring traditions while fostering innovation is essential
5) Philanthropy is a choice, and we need you
6) It feels good knowing that great health care is close to home
7) A great hospital cares about whole community health and wellness, not just when people are sick
8) It helps make some of life’s greatest challenges just a little bit less scary
9) Your donation helps keep us a first-rate hospital
10) We are a community resource in a disaster
11) Because of YOU, we can help improve more lives
12) When you need us, we are here for you
Thank you for supporting Cooley Dickinson. Learn more at www.cooley-dickinson.org