JGS is a not-for-profit full continuum care provider born of Jewish traditions and values serving people of all faiths.
JGS was founded in 1912 as the Daughters of Zion Home for the Aged in Springfield, and moved to its current location in Longmeadow in 1968. Over the course of the last 100 years, JGS has prided itself on being a progressive, forward-looking organization that continuously engages the ever changing needs of the elderly.
From its days as a small nursing home, JGS has grown to include six entities: a 200-bed nursing home (Julian J. Leavitt Family Jewish Nursing Home); an assisted living facility (Ruth’s House); subsidized independent housing (Genesis House); an adult day health care center (Wernick); as well as the Spectrum home health and hospice programs.
The organization now offers a continuum of care to people of all faiths while still maintaining its deep roots in Jewish culture and values.